Installation of ARSperl
- Download the distribution
It's also available via CPAN. There are
pre-compiled binaries for Windows (see below) available too.
- Unpack (requires gzip and tar on Unix or
WinZip under Windows)
- Edit the Makefile.PL and follow the brief instructions contained in
- Type "perl Makefile.PL"
- Type "make"
- Type "make install" (may require special permission). This will
install the perl extension into the perl lib directory.
- Try one of the example scripts.
HPUX users may need to compile the extension statically into the Perl binary.
Windows users can use the pre-compiled binary distribution along with ActiveState Perl.
Check here (free registration required) for precompiled ActiveState PPD files.